From my experience I saw most of the people firstly fix their budget, then come to seek out their preferred model. No matter how much you fix for your bike, it’s difficult to discover a great bike within your budget. Because there are lots of bikes are available in different price range and unfortunately all bikes are not great in your fixed price range. So you have to research a lot to discover which bikes are great in the price range you fixed. But the job is not easier as you have to check out the experience of other users and various factors, and that’s why I worked hard to make this job easier for you. If you have a budget for a bike under 1500 dollars, then these bikes would be the right ones for you. So read in minutes to know the specifications of them. From my thought these bikes would be the best road bikes under 1500 dollars as I have found that specifications into them.
Ten Best Road Bikes Under 1500 Dollars- Our Selections
The road bikes you see here all of them can be perfectly used for any kind of on road biking including, commuting, racing, long distance riding, touring and other kinds of ride you love to do by cycle.
Kestrel Talon Road Shimano 105
The Kestrel Talon Road Shimano 105 actually a triathlon bike for the triathletes especially who want a triathlon bike without being expensive. After launching this bike on the market it has been amazingly popular for its extraordinary specifications. Firstly, it’s a bike that is aerodynamically countered and can run amazingly fast. It’s not an ordinary carbon fiber bike as the frame of it has been made out by a mix of 800k and 700k carbon fiber that ensure it as much as lighter as the triathlete needs. To ensure a very flawless airflow over this Kestrel Talon they even designed the bike with internal cable routing system. That means you will get a pure aerodynamic bike that can be used sometimes as a road bike or sometimes as a bike to train on the road for professional racing.
What We Like:
- A mix of 800k and 700k carbon fiber create an extremely lightweight frame to make it more efficient than other aerodynamic bikes.
- Shimano Groupset creates an extra ease and power for pedalling.
- Sturdy alloy handlebar and powerful caliper brake will help the rider to always take a greater control.
- Internal cable routing and aerodynamic shape to prevent the grab of the air.
Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Airen
The Diamondback 2016 Airen Road Bike actually has been invented by the Diamondback that is a completely woman specific. Every woman can easily pedal and handle this lighter aluminum bike while the enhanced performance geometry in design ensures you will ride the bike without letting your back and neck being stressed. Furthermore the EPG or upright riding position ensures extra comfortability for riding the bike while this 16 speed bike with Shimano groupset also provides smooth and easier shifting. Even to ensure it’s a hundred percent reliable bike for women they even used a women’s specific saddle. Additionally, if you ever face the bumpy roads, ride it confidently as the the wheelsets are double walled and the fork is aluminum that smoothens the vibrations amazingly.
What We Like:
- Enhanced performance geometry enhances comfort as your neck and back will receive less stress.
- Women specific road frame to fit with the anatomy of a woman.
- Specific saddle for the women provides the amazing comfort and it eliminates the fatigue.
- Double walled wheels protect the bike from damages in the uneven road.
Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1600
The Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1600 is the perfect entry level bike and also amazingly perfect as a beginner bike. If you wish to have an excellent road bike in your very beginning, then you can confidently choose this bike. This lighter aluminum bike features a carbon fiber fork that provides a smoothest riding experience anywhere. The frame of the bike is their own crafted that is completely stable and stiff while this 14 speed bike with shimano integrated shifter is very smooth to control. Furthermore, it’s differently designed with paired spokes that provide extra stability while the alloy crankset provides an amazing gear range. And finally, because of the two different colors in their design, you can choose your very preferable one.
What We Like:
- Carbon fiber fork absorbs the vibrations and ensures the force of them won’t completely reach to your body.
- Aluminum road frame is stiff while it is lighter to simplify the control of the whole bike.
- Lighter but double walls of the rims would allow you to ride this bike in any condition without any damage.
- Wide range of the gears to ride with the comfortable pedaling speed.
Vilano Forza 3.0
The Vilano Forza 3.0 should be another great entry level bike as it has the ability to meet the needs what every entry level rider looks for. To make it extremely capable for smoothing the ride on bumpy or rough routes it features a 12k carbon fiber fork that’s not only extraordinarily stiff, but you will also be satisfied to see the capability of it for smoothing the bumps. It features 6061 aluminum frame that may not extraordinary, but provides an amazing stiffness that every rider wants to have in the compose of their bike. Furthermore, the Forza 3.0 is a 24 speed bike with Shimano components, that means it’s going to provide a wide range of gear with the chances of smooth shifting. It also has powerful caliper brakes for great braking and the bike comes with an additional pair of pedals for the next quick replacement.
What We Like:
- 12k carbon fiber fork is added to dampen the vibration and fade the impact of every hit.
- Rust resistant aluminum frame adds years to the bike and keeps it sturdy for years.
- 24 speed and wide range of gear to easily get the perfect riding mood.
- Caliper brakes can control your bike even when the rim remains wet.
Giordano Libero 1.6
The Giordano Libero 1.6 for men comes with dual water bottle mounts to keep you always hydrated. This bike as a commuter and racing bike you can sometimes intend yourself to ride long miles with it when you can completely keep yourself hydrated. The bike is composed of handcrafted aluminum with 32 spokes. To make the Libero 1.6 completely lighter they also used alloy rims that are stiff and beat the obstacles of the road properly. It may need a professional assembly after buying, but that would be very perfect to properly assemble and fine and tune the bike. They also offer various sizes to perfectly match the bike with rider’s height.
What We Like:
- Dual water bottle mounts are a great addition for long distance riders as if they can keep them hydrated.
- Quick and easy shifter to easily change up the mood of the bike when you want.
- Hand crafted to make the design of it perfect for the needs of a rider.
- Caliper brakes have the adequate stopping power to slow it down on any required time.
The Eurobike XC700 is effectively invented for the riders who like to have a lightweight bicycle in their life. The most positive addition to this bike is the weight that is lighter than other competitors for the same price range. Because of the lighter weight of the XC7000 you could have a comfortable long distance ride without the fatigue in your joints. It will smoothen the vibrations and the impact of the hits as the aluminum fork can smoothen them. The whole body (including the rims and fork) is molded from 6061 aluminum. No doubt, it can decrease the weight greater than other stainless steel bikes and that’s why it won’t negatively impact on the stamina of your body. This aerodynamic road star comes in multiple colors like blue, red and white to fit with your choice.
What We Like:
- Full aluminum body to achieve the level of the lightweight bikes while the aerodynamic design would aid to ride comfortably.
- Stiff body to withstand the vibration and abuses of the road. The comfortable seat also makes the ride as comfortable as you expect.
- Shimano components to maintain the speed and other functions. They can last for a couple of years.
- 330 lbs loading weight can undoubtedly make it perfect for any person.
SAVADECK Carbon Road Bike
If your goal is finding a bike that would be greater than a full bodied aluminum bike, undoubtedly this bike from Savadeck can perform better. Literally, it is full bodied carbon fiber bike to truly gain the rider’s trust. If the road is unpaved and creates vibrations, the whole carbon fiber body can eliminate the impact of vibrations. So, because of the less stress over your back and other basic parts of the body, your goal to tour or ride for a long distance would be comfortable. The whole bike is less than 10 kg and reasonably it should be easy to pedal and handle. The Shimano front and rear derailleur also ensure the maximum control over the speed while you can shift the speed as necessarily and easily as you want.
What We Like:
- Aerodynamically contoured to enhance the performance and speed than other ordinary bikes.
- Can kill the impact of vibrations as the full bodied carbon fiber has the maximum power to work on this.
- Shimano front and rear derailleurs to grab an easiest control of the speed.
- Leather saddle can effectively keep a rider comfort and you can simply take the control over the height of the seat post.
Windsor Wellington 2.0
The Windsor Wellington 2.0 isn’t aerodynamically contoured or a high performance carbon fiber bike. But, the riders who like commuting or amature long distance ride, the Windsor Wellington 2.0 can be ultimately perfect for those enthusiast riders. Although this affordable bike is perfect as an entry level bike and it is budget friendly while you don’t need $2,000 to grab this simply amazing commuter. It must be lighter than a stainless steel bike and the aluminum frame effectively reduces the weight of this. It wisely stiffened the body to consume the load of a human body. The stiffened wheels are also able to withstand any abuse while they are lighter, but double walled to remain unbendable after tolerating the hits.
What We Like:
- Double butted frame to easily tolerate the load of a rider while the rusts can’t hit this. On other hand, it won’t weigh like stainless steel.
- Affordable for the entry level riders who wouldn’t want to cost a lot, but would like to have a perfect bike.
- Dual Pivot brakes to control the bike even when the rims are wet.
- Double walled wheels are unbendable and remain sturdy if it goes through the unpaved road.
The aerodynamically contoured BEIOU 700C ensures you can easily break the flow of the wind and you can raise the maximum speed it deserves. The routed cable in the frame ensures it won’t drag the wind and you can comfortably ride through any condition. The seat post and fork are also designed to break the grab of the wind for the maximum performance. Actually, it is molded from quality Toray carbon fiber to stiffen the body and reduce the weight. The high quality Shimano groupset, freewheel and chain also improved the other core parts of the bike. No matter, how speedy the bike is, the Shimano groupset and braking system are able to ensure the perfect control.
What We Like:
- The efficient aerodynamic design easily breaks the wind and helps to pedal comfortably when you are in a racing mood.
- Stiffened aluminum wheelset can efficiently perform even when it gets consistently hits.
- Shimano components on the brake, wheelset and chain can certainly provide the control and speed you expect.
- High quality carbon fiber to decrease the weight and enhance the performance.
This is something like a hybrid bike that is designed to be controlled by you on the dirt trail and paved roads. Although, you can’t ride it on the bumpy trail of the mountain as it won’t work like a mountain bike. But, if you want it on the dirt trail, you can simply take the full control of it. Because, it won’t decrease the comforts for the dirts stretched on the road. The specific carbon fiber fork dampens the vibrations and ensures your back and body won’t be stressed. The 6061 aluminum frame remains sturdy years after years and this rust free material is not going to be damaged for the rusts. Instead the V brakes the BB5 disc brakes can also powerfully stop the wheels on any road. The Shimano Tiagra derailleur is also added to the bike for an easier shifting and getting the full control.
What We Like:
- Efficient carbon fiber fork dampens the vibrations to reduce the stress and discomfort over your body.
- Disc brakes can stop your bike anywhere faster than the V brakes.
- Shimano Tiagra 4700 shifters to paddle on the most comfortable way you want.
- Rust free aluminum frame is reinforced for the desired stiffness and remains sturdy years after years.
Our Short Buying Guide
Basically, almost all bikes are perfect with aluminum and carbon fiber. But whenever you are serious about picking a bike, you should follow a few things.
Aluminum or Carbon Fiber
Many of us probably know how the aluminum and carbon fiber differ a bike from each other in performance. Actually, these are almost similarly stiff, but the weight makes a difference. In bike the weight plays a role in performance as you would love to pedal a lightweight bike. The carbon fiber is very lightweight and that’s why it is comfortable to ride a carbon fiber bike. Although both materials are rust resistant and easily retain the stiffness years after years. But, a fully bodied carbon fiber bike cost double or more than an aluminum bike.
A fully bodied carbon fiber bike also would be more effective to dampen the vibrations than an aluminum bike. Although, some aluminum bikes use the carbon fiber fork to provide almost the similar power to smoothen the vibrations.
Considering the ability to stop a bike with slim rims the caliper brakes are a good addition. Because, it can still stop a bike in any condition even when the rim is wet. Although, you would need to replace the pads when the brakes lose efficiency. Sometimes, these bikes also come with the disc brakes that are also powerful to stop the wheels. When it comes about a road bike literally both brakes work great with the slim wheels.
Rims are the things of a bike to take the pressure of a rider and the abuses of the dirt roads. The inferior rims can bend because of the excessive abuse. So, the sturdiness of the rims is required to ride a bike in any condition. The double walled alloy rims can work well to overcome the abuses and pressure. It also reduces the weight of a bike with retaining the stiffness.
As a rider and commuting enthusiast, I think these bikes are undoubtedly great for commuting, racing and long time ride. And if your attention goes to the triathlon bike, I think then you would have better on road biking experience ever. But if you want a replacement or want to buy an entry level bike, then the other models are obviously a great example. So take your time and read the details to decide what is actually your choice.