There are many people who are not willing to spend much for their road bike whether they are commuting enthusiast or sometimes want to spend quality time with their friends through a long distance ride. But some people think it’s not possible to find out a quality bike at the cheapest price and from my thought if you still think it’s impossible, I would say you have never researched. There you can discover some amazing road bikes that are quality. Although the number of quality road bikes under $200 would be limited, but I found some of them by my research and here are the best five of them.
Five Best Road Bikes Under 200 Dollars That Are Cheap, But Simply Amazing
Believe it or not the bikes you see here, all are under 200 dollars. Even I am amazed to see their quality and design. So read what they offered for the road biking enthusiasts.
Takara Oni Single Speed Drop Bar Fixie Road Bike
To be honest in these days it becomes a little difficult to find a bike on a very limited budget as manufacturing expenses are getting high. So, you would need to enhance your budget in some cases. But we found a bike from Takara Oni that can be affordable and perfect, especially for entry level riders. It’s a fixed gear bike, but you can turn on the freewheel at any moment as it features a flip flop hub. The bike comes with a strong steel frame to bear you at any different condition of the road while the drop bar means more comfort. On the other hand, the double wall alloy rims build up more power and strength on the bike and the rims don’t weaken or rust like an ordinary bike.
What We Like:
- Strong steel frame is enough to take the challenge of any condition while it won’t rust or weaken like any other ordinary bike as we have found lots of positive reviews from the users.
- Flip flop hub to turn it into either a fixed bike or a complete free wheel bike.
- Double walled alloy rims are strong and lightweight enough to increase performance.
- Alloy breaks for the control.
Merax 21 Speed Road Bike
The people who are about to seek an aluminum bike at this price range I am sure they would be surprised after hearing the name of Merax 21 Speed Road Bike. This sleek and amazingly attractive bike can be ridden with a very high speed as it has been made for racing enthusiast people while the amazing gear range can provide your required speed with the simple pedaling attempt. The components they used into the groupset that aren’t inferior or low quality as you know about the quality of Shimano. They avoided to use the ordinary aluminum into the frame to ensure a real quality and that’s why the frame of Merax 21 speed is made out of very durable 6061 aluminum. And finally, to make your braking attempt reliable, they used alloy caliper brakes that greatly work with the slim 700c wheelset.
What We Like:
- 6061 aluminum in the frame to reduce vibration and maximize the rider’s comfort on the rough road.
- You know aluminum is strong and rust proof this is what 6061 aluminum does.
- Necessary gear ranges to paddle with the necessary attempts.
- Caliper brakes for effortless control.
Kent GZR700 Road Bike
Although most of the beginners don’t know much about this Kent GZR700 Road Bike, but I discovered it by my research and I personally recommend it for beginners. This reliable Kent GZR700 with aerodynamic design is an ideal creation for the commuting enthusiast people who likely wish to get the bike at a very reliable cost. The high tensile steel frame and fork are extremely strong that ensure you can confidently pedal it in the roughness. The 21 speed shifters of the bike are more amazing to retain a good speed with better control and smoothness. And furthermore, the caliper brakes are usually amazing to get an amazing control anytime anywhere you need while the Shimano components on the gear are very smooth and long lasted.
What We Like:
- Shimano 21 speed stern shifters for quick shifting while the 21 speed provides huge ranges on the gears.
- TIG welded frame and forks for the strength you expect on the bike.
- Alloy rims add power on the wheels and reduce the weight of the bike.
- Caliper brakes to ensure enough braking power.
Vilano Diverse 1.0
The Vilano Diverse 1.0 is originally a hybrid bike that provides an extraordinary road biking feeling on the road as you know all the hybrid bikes are actually designed to beat the extra roughness of the road. It adds some amazingness by composing out of the 6061 aluminum in the frame and fork. That means it’s not only ready to beat the roughness, but also it can bring the smooth cycling moments even when it goes through the bumps. The comfortable flat bar handlebar with an upright riding position can provide the right cycling comfortability that you need for on road biking. Furthermore, the Shimano derailleurs and shifters with 21 speed gear range are great for raising up the speed at an extreme level and finally you don’t need too much attempt to assemble the bike as it can be assembled simply.
What We Like:
- 6061 aluminum to maximize the performance on rough roads.
- 21 speed gear range to put a variation on paddling.
- Upright riding position is great for the riders who want to reduce pressure on the backbone.
- Shimano Derailleurs and shifters for smooth shifting
Critical Cycles Harper Coaster
The Critical Cycles have gained an incredible popularity by their outstanding fixie bikes and this sleek Harper Coaster has come from them that offers the same reliability for commuting. But this bike can be slightly different from other Critical Cycles Fixie Bike as it comes with the coaster brake that is integrated with the pedals. That means you have to push the pedals on backwards to slow down the bike. This handcrafted bike is built with hand made steel while the rims are double walled. So you can ride this durable bike confidently through the any condition of the road while the very road bike specific wanda commuter tires provide an extreme reliability. And the bike includes all necessary tools to simply assemble and fine and tune the bike. Review here
What We Like:
- Coaster brake on the paddle to turn the speed down.
- Double walled rims to enhance the strength and power.
- Commuter tires for more comfort specially on the flat roads.
- Great for fixie lovers.
If you ride regularly or have a good idea about buying the road bike, you may know it’s not too easy to find out a quality road bike that is at the cost of under $200. But I found these four road bikes under $200 after spending almost 8 hours of research. I also deeply research the experience of other users with these bikes and after seeing their amazing experiences I am confident you would have the quality road biking experience ever. Honestly, it’s difficult to find more quality bikes than these road bikes at the price range under $200.